Antimicrobial face mask Prolen® Medical
Prolen® Medical textile face masks are made of 100% polypropylene certified Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh yarn, which is permanently treated with an antimicrobial additive based on silver and zinc ions registered for use as an antimicrobial agent under the EU Directive on Biocidal Products.
The antimicrobial additive is homogeneously distributed in the mass of Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh polypropylene yarn with effectiveness throughout the life of the final product. The active ingredients with silver and zinc ions in Prolen® Medical textile face masks provide effective antimicrobial protection, reduce unpleasant odors, ensure hygienic freshness and cleanliness and reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
Prolen® Medical woven and knitted protective face masks have been certified by the European standard EN 14683 + AC: 2019, Type 2 and CE by the declaration of conformity 93/41 / EEC (Class 1). Within this standard the following have been met:
Bacterial filtration efficiency (BFE,%):
98.52% woven protective face mask
98.01% knitted protective face mask
Differential pressure, Pa/cm2, norm <40:
21 Pa/cm2 woven protective face mask
20 Pa/cm2 knitted protective face mask
Microbial cleanliness, cfu/g, norm ≤30:
19 cfu/g woven protective face mask
25 cfu/g knitted protective face mask
Protects against viruses
Prolen® Medical protective face masks are treated with a additives based on silver and zinc ions.
Thanks to their long service life and repeated use, they are more convenient than disposable face masks.
Comfortable to wear
Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh face masks keep the skin dry and maintain the body’s natural temperature.
It is possible to place a logo of your choice or a sticker from the current offer on the face mask.
Request a price quote free of charge
Are you interested in larger amount of face masks? Have a quote prepared according to your requirements.
Properties of the antimicrobial product line Prolen® Medical
- Antibacterial (AATCC TM 100: 2012 standard)
- Antiviral (ISO 18184: 2019)
- Antifungal (AATCC 30 standard)
- Prolen® Medical fabrics are sterilizable and designed to destroy pathogens
- Designed for a clean environment
- They fight nosocomial infections
- Moisture removal technology provides comfort and breathability
- They keep the skin dry, Prolen Medical fabrics are made of hydrophobic polypropylene fiber (moisture absorption 0.01%)
- They maintain the natural body temperature thanks to excellent thermoregulatory properties
- They are 30% – 50% lighter than textiles standardly used in healthcare (density 0.9 g-cm3)
- Long service life
- Prolen® Medical textiles are intended for repeated use and not as a disposable protective device
- 100% recyclable
- The production process does not burden the environment
- Maintenance of Prolen® Medical textiles significantly saves energy and thus helps to reduce the overall carbon footprint
The antibacterial properties of Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh fabrics are confirmed by certificate according to the AATCC TM 100: 2012 standard (tested for Escherichia Coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus > 99% reduction). The antiviral properties of Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh fabrics are confirmed by test protocol according to ISO 18184: 2019 (tested against Influenza A virus subtype H1N1 with reduction > 99% and coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 with reduction > 99%). The antifungal properties of Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh fabrics are confirmed by test protocol according to AATCC 30 standard (tested against Aspergillus Niger with no growth concerning Prolen® Bodyfresh yarn).
Prolen® Medical 95 fabrics have been certified to the European standard EN13795-1: Surgical gowns and clean air clothing used as medical aids for patients, healthcare professionals and standard performance equipment in the Eurolab testing laboratory, TR.