Prolen® Medical benefits
Prolen® Medical medical clothing and textiles are made of 100% polypropylene certified Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh yarns, which are permanently treated with an antimicrobial additive based on silver and zinc ions registered for use as an antimicrobial agent under the EU Biocidal Products Directive.
The antimicrobial additive is homogeneously distributed in the mass of Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh polypropylene yarns with effectiveness throughout the life of the final product. The Prolen® Medical product line meets the EN13795-1 standard, which is intended for the work and management of the infectious environment in a hospital environment with the main impact on infections associated with health and nursing care. The active ingredients with silver and zinc ions provide effective antimicrobial protection, reduce unpleasant odors, ensure hygienic freshness and purity and reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
The antibacterial properties of Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh fabrics are confirmed by laboratory tests according to the AATCC TM 100: 2012 standard (tested for Escherichia Coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus > 99% reduction)
The antiviral properties of Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh fabrics are confirmed by test protocol according to ISO 18184: 2019 (tested against Influenza A virus subtype H1N1 with reduction > 99% and coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 with reduction > 99%).
The antifungal properties of Prolen® Siltex and Prolen® Bodyfresh fabrics are confirmed by test protocol according to AATCC 30 standard (tested against Aspergillus Niger with no growth concerning Prolen® Bodyfresh yarn).
- Antibacterial (AATCC TM 100: 2012 standard)
- Antiviral (ISO 18184: 2019)
- Antifungal (AATCC 30 standard)
- Prolen® Medical fabrics are sterilizable and designed to destroy pathogens
- Designed for a clean environment
- They fight nosocomial infections
- Moisture removal technology provides comfort and breathability
- They keep the skin dry, Prolen Medical fabrics are made of hydrophobic polypropylene fiber (moisture absorption 0.01%)
- They maintain the natural body temperature thanks to excellent thermoregulatory properties
- They are 30% – 50% lighter than textiles standardly used in healthcare (density 0.9 g-cm3)
- Long service life
- Prolen® Medical textiles are intended for repeated use and not as a disposable protective device
- 100% recyclable
- The production process does not burden the environment
- Maintenance of Prolen® Medical textiles significantly saves energy and thus helps to reduce the overall carbon footprint
Technical properties of Prolen® Medical textiles
- Longer durability than cotton: between 2.5 and 4 g / dtex, wet or dry. Virtually indestructible.
- Excellent chemical resistance: the fiber does not deteriorate on contact with chemicals such as bleach, mold, insects, sweat or rot.
- Not prone to pilling: whether the fabric is dry or wet.
- High resistance to liquid penetration.
- Stain resistance: they do not absorb stains or attract dust.
- Lightness: results in lower washing costs.
- No loss of color during washing.
- Saves energy during washing, drying and ironing.
- Easy washing and quick drying.
- Limit the spread of microorganisms.
- Breathability provides comfort: they wick away moisture by capillary action on the other side of the fabric, thus always keeping the skin dry.
- Low bacterial penetration in dry and wet conditions.
- High microbial cleanliness